Sacred - Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Mabinogi Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Help...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelade
Adept
Adept
Gelade

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Getting Help...   Getting Help... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Anywho, I know a lot of us would enjoy doing guild runs just for the fun of doing them, but unfortunately not everyone feels this way... We should consider incorporating some sort of system that would let somebody from within the guild to apply for help with obtaining an item that might be impossible for them to do so on their own, like FB10 or AR8 for example. The problem being this would only help out the said person that needs the item while everyone that helped might get a bit of XP and Gold. Maybe we need some sort of merit system so that those that helped out someone else would receive help later. The problem with this is that people do not want to track said merits, nor would it be possible to really place a value on them. For example, helping a newbie do a Ciar Basic for G1 may seem far less valuable than helping someone with G3 Final, but that newbie considers that more valuable...

To put it in a nutshell, how about make it possible to formally request help within these forums so that we can see who needs help with what rather than just a quick "Hey! Can someone help me with (Insert dungeon here)" in guild chat that most of us miss especially when we're in town with one of those annoying advertising bots...

Hmmm... I'll reply to this post with a view examples of what I'm thinking as an Application for Guild Help. Forgive my method of writing, I try to write the exact same way I talk so it tends to go all over the place. Very Happy

Last edited by Gelade on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelade
Adept
Adept
Gelade

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Help...   Getting Help... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Quest: RP for G1

Details: Need two other people to help me do an RP quest for G1 in Rabbie Dungeon.

Time (optional): 4/9 6pm pst - 11pm pst

Reward (Optional): 5k

Hope that helps give you guys an idea of what I'm thinking... Of course, I hope most of us don't need a reward to help someone out with a fun RP quest like that. Of course, this isn't just limited to quests, you can request anything you want, but just because you request it doesn't mean it gets accepted. Time is optional, but would help for those that need dungeon help with limited availability,

Last edited by Gelade on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gelade
Adept
Adept
Gelade

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Help...   Getting Help... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:44 pm

NON-QUEST EXAMPLE:

Quest: Crafting/Collecting

Details: I need 10 Common Leather Straps, I can provide the Common Leather if you need it.

Reward: 20k if you use your own leather. 10k if I supply it.

Hopefully that gives a good template to work off of.

Last edited by Gelade on Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelade
Adept
Adept
Gelade

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Help...   Getting Help... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:00 pm

BAD EXAMPLE:

Quest: Dustin Silver Knight Armor

Details: I want a set of Dustin Silver Knight Armor. Get it for me please please please.

Time: Any

Reward: 50k

What makes this bad?
  1. Dustin Silver Knight Armor is not easy to obtain, nor is it cheap to buy from other players.
  2. It needs better details, wether you want someone to buy it for you or craft it for you.
  3. 50k for Dustin Silver Knight Armor would be ridiculously low....

Here is what it would look like if you wanted to actually make it possible to get accepted:

Quest: Dustin Silver Knight Armor

Details: I would like to obtain a set of Dustin Silver Knight Armor either through crafting or purchasing. If you would like to craft it, I will supply all needed materials, please include your Blacksmithing rank so I can estimate the amount of materials I will need to collect.

Time: Any

Reward: 100k + Cost of purchase if bought (I do not wish to pay more than 1.5M for it) 100k + leftover materials and manual. Rewards are negotiable.

What makes this better is that it provides a realistic approach to getting the armor, 2 possible methods, and has enough details that someone can actually do this....
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Help...   Getting Help... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Yeah I'd like to reorganize the forum sectioning a bit, when I get in contact with Yoshi I'll talk to him about that, as for now, I take any informal requests for help, if someone asks for help generally I offer it free of charge, feel free to note me ingame or pm me on the forums, but I have no problem with there being a help request section. Also think some of the other sections on the forums need to be cleaned up a bit.

Also @ Silver Dustin, you'd also need to be rank 3 to have any chance at crafting that lol.

EDIT: Also, when we get a help section on here, I'll sticky this topic for the rules for it, thanks Gelade.
Back to top Go down
Yoshirou
Captain
Captain
Yoshirou

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: I enjoy the Idea   Getting Help... EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:16 pm

I enjoy this IDea, if possible maybe this up coming weekend we can all have a meeting together and set up a new area on the forum for this, that way I can also set up the calader system to match with it so they can be scheduled arranged and completed!! Thanks for the Input Gelade much appreciated I beleive your on a great idea!!
Back to top Go down
http://sacred.powermmorpg.net
Croatin
Soldier
Soldier
Croatin

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Help...   Getting Help... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Quest: Collecting Materials

Details: I am training tailoring, as such i need any and all leathers your willing to give/sell me. Also, cobwebs, wool, thick/thin thread balls would be nice.

Reward: Depends on quantity and quality of leather. Or, rewarded with whatever item you wish for me to craft, if given the proper materials.

Tailoring: r9
Weaving: r8

I can tailor things at or below r6~7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting Help... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Help...   Getting Help... Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Help...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sacred - Home :: Sacred :: Help Requests-