Sacred - Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Mabinogi Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving Mabinogi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jungyao
Captain
Captain
Jungyao

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:41 am

Hello guys.

I haven't been on for a while now. For as long as i've played mabinogi, Lag has been a major issue for me. This has always given me the feeling that I cannot progress any further. My training has come to a halt. This has led me to lose interest in Mabinogi. For a while I've beared with it, hoping that I could pass that barrier, but I still haven't. I think it's time for me to move on.

Mabinogi has been a fun game, and I'm glad to have been there with you guys. Feel free to contact me if you wish.

Take care, you guys, and be well.
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Sorry to see you go Jung, I do have to say mabi isn't exactly a game for lower end connections, you need a decent more middle end connection and even then, god I still lag on my cable line at times, I can barely do a ciar adv without lagging at some crucial time. Anyways, you might like RO it runs much easier on a lower end connection, Kyo played it for like 4 years on dial up, so yeah, still sorry to see you go.
Back to top Go down
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:01 pm

did you delete your nagle already? also u might wana delete any screenshots u might have. im sad to see you leave, althouggh i myself have been playing maple often and havnt been on latly. Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jungyao
Captain
Captain
Jungyao

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 pm

I might've disabled nagle, I'm not sure. I did everything the guide said, even though I'm on Vista, but I didn't notice any difference. My PC itself is a pretty powerful one. There is no CPU lag, it's connection lag. I'm in Europe, remember, so there's quite a distance. Having a cable somehow doesn't really help. At least not enough.
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Jungyao wrote:
I might've disabled nagle, I'm not sure. I did everything the guide said, even though I'm on Vista, but I didn't notice any difference. My PC itself is a pretty powerful one. There is no CPU lag, it's connection lag. I'm in Europe, remember, so there's quite a distance. Having a cable somehow doesn't really help. At least not enough.

If you're going through Dial Up, Nagle won't help you, I'm guessing you're using AOL to get on in mabi NA since they block most of Europe. The only way you'd find a faster way is if you basically had a dedicated line just for playing mabi, through someone in NA.
Back to top Go down
Jungyao
Captain
Captain
Jungyao

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 am

What I do is actually even better, and you can use it with any proxy program or server available. Mabinogi checks a client's identity only in a certain phase, the login phase. Once you've logged in, it assumes that the identity has been checked already, and it should be fine. Normally it should be, because if you change IP, the connection is no longer valid and you have to login again...
But there's one flaw. When you go to the character selection screen, detection is halted. You are not in any certain realm anymore, so for a moment there's no actual connection. This is the moment to close the proxy server, and start connecting with your own IP. Since the game is already started, it will not check to see if you're a foreighner, and since you're switching from one server to another, there's no actual connection for a brief moment, so no connection can fail either.

And there you are, connecting with Mabinogi with your own IP, the most direct connection you will have.
Back to top Go down
Haezel
Initiate
Initiate
Haezel

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Yoshi chan Im gonna miss you :<..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaving Mabinogi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaving Mabinogi   Leaving Mabinogi Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaving Mabinogi
Page 1 of 1