Sacred - Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Mabinogi Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Channel Crashing and safe guarding items

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Croatin
Soldier
Soldier
Croatin

Channel Crashing and safe guarding items Empty
PostSubject: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I realize alot of you are afraid of loosing your items. as such, i found an explenation on what happens when you loose an item, and how to prevent it.

Because I see so many people who worry about losing their items in a crash, and am unsure of how many actually know how the mechanics of them work. THIS IS WHY I AM HERE, to parrot what I learned from Cide to everyone else.

When moving items from a bank/mailbox/pet/trade/ANYTHING into your inventory, if you are really worried about losing it, be sure to RELOG or CHANGE CHANNELS to save it.

Why? Because it saves your inventory's state. A simple explanation is that when you de-summon your pet, its inventory saves, so say you take out a bow from your horse, cancel your horse. Your horse's inventory is now saved without the bow in it. The channel crashes, and the game rolls back to a little while before the crash, when the bow was in your pet-- but oh no! Your pet's inventory has already re-saved over that state, so there exists no bow in your inventory or the pet.

Changing channels/relogging is exactly like de-summoning your pet after taking items from it, and has been A+ for me when dealing with crashes since I'm a daring loser who stays on ch 1 all the time.

That said, I'm sure a lot of people already know this, and hell if I know anyone who's already said this, but I figure since it's 5 AM and I don't have anything else to do before bed, I might as well type this up before I forget again.

(copy and pasted from nexon forums, poster incubutt)
Back to top Go down
Hiddensoul
Initiate
Initiate
Hiddensoul

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 pm

This is rediculous, i already lost money :/~Btw im haku10 this is my old main that got hacked and i was to lazy to make a new forum acc.lol
Back to top Go down
Maraek
Student
Student
Maraek

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Also i would like to add if it ever happens that u do lose your items, YOU CAN GET IT BACK all you have to do is submit a ticket with which channel, server, time, date, and items lost and they will mail it back to u, they did with my stuff last time this happened
Back to top Go down
Croatin
Soldier
Soldier
Croatin

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

If any of you are curious as how this is being done, i can give you a very generalized version of whats going on. The theory behind whats going on is here, you wont be able to do it, however.

First, you need a mod to disable packets being sent to the server. What these packets do is send information to and from the server, you want a constant stream of these in order to be 'lagless.' So the people able to switch weapons really really fast has a really good stream of packets.

Now, if you disable the sending of packets, your disabling the transfer of information. Now what does this mean? Well, if you read my post above, you know that when you return a pet, that inv gets saved so the server knows what items you have on that pet. Now lets say that you put 1m ticket on a pet and return it. That inv gets saved. Now if you have the disabling packet mod i stated above, and the server went down. You'd log back in with not one, but 2m tickets. one in your own inv and another in your pet. Why? because the server didnt recieve the information that you transfered the item, but it did save your pets inv.

"But how are you not banned for doing this?"

Doing this is a bannable offence. Doing this packet editing would normally raise red huuge red flags for Nexons networks, however if you relog without the server 'noticing' your gone, that 2m ticket is yours.

This method is extremely difficult to do, unless your a pro hacker. Since packet editing is in direct violation of the TOS, this is a highly bannable offence.

Im not encouraging you to go out and do any of this, my instructions are an extremely generalized overview of whats really going on, so its not specific enough for you to actually do anything with. I was just interested behind the theory behind what was going on, and thought you might be as well.
Back to top Go down
Maraek
Student
Student
Maraek

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 am

why cant they just play the fkin game >.< i accomplished nothing yesterday and today cuz of their constant F***ing with the server!
Back to top Go down
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Thank you, Tin tin! I lost my dragon blade, but I sent a ticket now and am awaiting reply. How lond does it usually take for them to get read?
Back to top Go down
Vitro
Initiate
Initiate
Vitro

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Now you know WHY there crashing the channels, to duplicate there stupid 1M bank notes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Channel Crashing and safe guarding items   Channel Crashing and safe guarding items Empty

Back to top Go down

Channel Crashing and safe guarding items
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sacred - Home :: News and Announcements :: Mabinogi News and Guild News-
Jump to: