Sacred - Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Mabinogi Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creating/Starting Classes

Go down 
+4
Jungyao
donovanr
Yoshirou
Raios22
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Raios22
Shinigami
Shinigami
Raios22

Creating/Starting Classes Empty
PostSubject: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:09 am

This is probally a question that should go in the classes section, but how exactly do we sign up for classes to start moving up in the ranks? I've seen some of the other class sign ups but that was awhile ago before Yosh left I guess. Anyway I just would like to know how this class thing goes, and whatever details you can spare.
Back to top Go down
Yoshirou
Captain
Captain
Yoshirou

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Very well. The Class System will be based on a Captain Leveled Member or Trainer, opening a training session by doing so they may select a topic to train such as Mental topics (Philosophy, Ethics etc.) Or Combat Training which involves taking students out on the field and demonstrating teaching tactics and then examining them on what they learned. Basically all that is necessary is you set on the calender a date for the class and then post it.
Back to top Go down
http://sacred.powermmorpg.net
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:50 am

Yoshirou wrote:
Very well. The Class System will be based on a Captain Leveled Member or Trainer, opening a training session by doing so they may select a topic to train such as Mental topics (Philosophy, Ethics etc.)

i dont understand what u m,ean in that part, can you elaborate?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jungyao
Captain
Captain
Jungyao

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:47 am

Captains and trainers are able to prepare and hold classes, where they can teach what they feel is most useful (and fun).
Back to top Go down
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:43 pm

so u cant learn unless a "master" is in a god enough mood to teach u? and is the mental topics just rambling on about a speech, or what?

lol!
Back to top Go down
magus1623
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:29 am

so where do i fall?
Back to top Go down
Loret
Soldier
Soldier
Loret

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:55 pm

I've been wondering about this too...

Apparently I'm a student, so i need a master... But where can i find a master? Who are the masters? If the masters are only Captains, then aren't there very few of them? And where do i post my schedule thing?!?!?

Ty for your time~
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:16 am

I don't even know what Yoshi is planning to do with this really lol

If he doesn't see this topic, I'll direct him at it.

As for personal opinion though, I'd probably guess anyone falling above the level 500 line, maybe even level 400-450 would be considered a "master" but I'll let yoshi make a call on it. Maybe we're even gonna be doing away with the system.
Back to top Go down
Yoshirou
Captain
Captain
Yoshirou

PostSubject: Focus   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:13 pm

Well this is part of the guild that I always was trying to get to work, it works in most games but because my old officer wasn't very helpful with it I wasn't able to implement it properly. If you guys want this in the guild let me know it will mean that all high ranked members the ones with high ranks within the guild which is earned by the ranking system that we had in the other part of the forum, by in game achievements and abilities. They can take on apprentices and help you improve your ability to play. Currently I was mildy training Gein but he had a long absence so that training was puton pause I do have room for an apprentice right now since Darias isn't training under me much latly. Its up to the others I beleive we should arrange an in game meeting Kefkai let me know your availability and we shall arrange a time.
Back to top Go down
http://sacred.powermmorpg.net
Jungyao
Captain
Captain
Jungyao

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:28 am

There's going to be a lot of administrative work here. In other games we'd use an in-game-name tag to show what rank people are. here we'll need a roster on the website or forums indicating people's ranks.
Now, people join and leave the clan, or stay registered while inactive, so this is a really tough job. One solution is for each trainer to register their students according to their progress. This way each person's administration will be left to their supervisor.

Since there are only so many people who are in the position to train students, there will be plenty of people who won't get training. Depending on the length of the course, this may be a problem. I'm not sure how to solve that. Group classes only go so far.
Back to top Go down
Croatin
Soldier
Soldier
Croatin

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:36 am

I think a group training session would be a good idea, I did this once with my Chakujitsu guild members, and everyone said that they enjoyed the experience and learned something new.

What we did was have a 1% pvp session and experiemented new strategies with different weapons along with reviewing old ones. (this was when dual wielding just came out) Then after we had gone over everything, we'd have some of the students try out what they learned with either myself or my cousin, Prjosh. We'd give pointers and tips and pointers and such while pvp'ing.

Everyone had alot of fun, and i think this would be a great opportunity to connect with some of the newer members and teach them basic monster and pvp tactics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating/Starting Classes   Creating/Starting Classes Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating/Starting Classes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sacred - Home :: Game Related :: Mabinogi Related Questions-
Jump to: