Sacred - Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Mabinogi Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)

Go down 
+5
Animus
donovanr
Tastu
VocalTrance
Maraek
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Maraek
Student
Student
Maraek

Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) Empty
PostSubject: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 am

Okay, this is my first guide so bear with me, also im not exactly the PROest dude ever as a matter of fact and not a pro at all not in the

Skills: (Combat, Passive)

Combat Mastery: This is the most basic skill. Passive. You also start with this skill, and the higher the rank the more damage you do. this is easily thwarted by other combat skills, but can be very powerful if combined with other skills.

Ranged skill: This skill, obvious, requires a bow, or crossbow and arrows. this is really helpful in long range fights and to kill weaker opponents, if mastered successfully this skill could be REALLY useful, NOTE that defence skill defends against arrows. and if ur hit while using range there is little to no chance that u will survive

Skills: (Combat, Useable)

Smash: This is one of the most essential skills it takes your base damage and multiplys it by a certain percentage. Also if a monster has the skill "Defence" in place Smash will go right through it.

Defence: this skill is also very important. if you use defence itll lower the damage u get and u wont get stunned when hit so u can quickly counter with a combo. NOTE that defence can be negated with the smash skill and can also be negated by a Critical hit also it defends from arrows which can be very helpful.

CounterAttack: This skill lets u take a percentage of your enemys attack + 100% of ur own and direct it back at them, so say u ranked it so u can redirect 100% of ur enemys damage and it is really strong and hits u a 500, also lets say ur base damage is 200 if you have counter up you will be able to hit it a 700, in theory, NOTE that this skill is negated by "windmill" and your stamina slowly goes down while it is up so use it carefully and at the right times

Windmill: This skill lets u do splash damage, which means that u can hit more than one monster at once around the same ficinity as you also if your opponent has counterattack in place and you do windmill near them it will negate that skill note that if an enemy is charging at you that you will need very presice timing to be able to execute this skill successfully ALSO note that this skill makes cool noises when you windmill alot of monsters at once

Support Shot: Currently Glitched

Magnum Shot: Similar to the smash skill, this skill lets you pack a POWERFUL punch into an arrow, also if this skill is higher ranked it MAY be able to negate the power of the defence skill. AGAIN if hit while using range there is little to no chance u will survive (also this takes a bit longer to charge than normal ranged skill.

Arrow Revolver: This is probably one of the strongest skills out there, it lets you hold neumerous arrows at hang at once you so it lets u shoot faster than normal, it is very hard for someone to hit you during this skill but if not done correctly you may be hit and not survive THIS SKILL REQUIRES YOU TO BUY/HUNT FOR NEUMEROUS PAGES

Skills (life, Passive)

Production Mastery: this skill includes making/producing or gathering any material using a skill such as cutting wood, fishing etc. the higher the rank the more you can produce and the more u can gather and also the faster. also higher success rates for making skills

Skills (life, Useable)

Rest: this skill enables you to sit speeding up the recovery process the higher the rank the faster you recover. this skill is ESSENTIAL and you should get it from Nora in Tir Chonell.

Playing Instrument: Allows you to play instruments such as, lute, ukulele, mandolin, flute, whistle, bells, music bottles and many more. combines with music scrolls to make your own music otherwise it plays default music.

Campfire: the resting skill is increased by a certain percent, needs at least 5 firewood or a campfire kit to make also in rain the duration of the campfire is decreased. Also you may burn items at a campfire to gain exp the rarer the item the more exp you gain, i do not recommend this for beginners though.

Handicraft: A handicraft kit along with certain items lets you craft many things such as paper cranes, hats, arrows, swords, weapons and many many more, it is a very good skill to possess.

Composing: this skill allows you to take an empty music scroll and add your own notes to it and make your own song the higher the rank the more notes and chords u can add to it.

First Aid: needs bandages, this heals wounds the higher the rank the more wounds it can heal. very good skill to have especially in a party dungeon situation.

Weaving: lets you make light fabrics and cloths you may need this for tailoring also adds to dex when ranked.

Tailoring: lets you make clothes very good to have if you do not like to buy clothes but to make good clothes you will need a high rank. and this skill isnt exactly the most popular out there.

Potion Making: this is a very good skill to have espcially if you dont wanna waste your time buying/hunting for potions you may want to make your own (having a pet pig lets you get herbs which are necessary for this skill)

Fishing: this skill is nice, if you have a fishing rod and bait you may choose to go fishing in a river, there are 2 ways to fish, auto and manual in manual u must move your mouse to keep the fish inside the square until the time is up and u are guaranteed to catch it if u choose autoing you may or may not catch it but u dont have to go thru the trouble of keeping the fish in a square.

Woodcutting: (not a skill) there is no acctual skill for this but if u equip an ax of some sort and click a tree you can woodcut.

Skills: (Magic, Passive)

Magic Mastery: Similar to all the other mastery skills. this adds to your mana and enables you to become a better magician and the higher the rank you may not need to worry too much about losing mana.

Skills: (Magic, Useable)

Firebolt: An elemental magic skill, enableing u to harness the power of fire in 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 charges
when charged to 5 it does more damage than 1 2 3 or 4. this skill however takes longer to charge than Ice so its better to use ice on a monster that is not immune to it but if u want firepower fire is the skill for you.

Icebolt: An elemental Magic skill, enableing u to harness the power of ice in 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 charges
when charged to 5 it doesnt shoot all at once like fire and thunder, but goes out in single shots so it is better to charge this to 5 before entering a battle.

Thunderbolt: An elemental Magic skill, enableing u to harness the power of thunder in 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 charges when charged to 5 it shoots all at once this skill does splash damage if charged with 2 it hits 2 monsters 3 hits 3 etc. this skill is good to have

Heal: this skill lets u get 5 charges of healing power when u activate the skill u get 5 charges that heal and they are ESSENTIAL to have for party members NOTE that when u heal urself u use up stamina as well as mana

Enchant: Lets you add an increase in success rates for enchants, must be used with magic powder.

THERE ARE MORE SKILLS! IM JUST NOT PRO ENOUGH TO KNOW THEM ALL THIS IS A GOOD NUMBER OF THEM THOUGH. =D

Auto Vs Manual:
u should always use manual because with auto u may hit something that u dont want to, also if u have counter up it may cancel and make u hit normally so just stick with manual. auto is good for weaker mobs tho. dont have to keep clicking.

How to solo a Succubus:
charge up fire to the max and hit her and RUN wait till she doesnt run after u anymore and charge up and hit her again and RUN and repeat and this also works with smash but its harder the SECOND ur feet get off the ground for smash start running away.

Deadly+Mimic=Fail: deadly is when ur head and u have negative health so even if a monster hits u a 1 u will die, mimics are chests that once u open have a 98% of hitting u immedietly so do not kill them with deadly health unless u have a high ranked windmill skill if u do windmill when they are closed they will die.

a good way to kill a golem: corner it, and smash, then windmill and repeat.

How to easily kill "human like Mobs": by human like i mean such as skeletons, goblins.kobolds, things like that, Ice counter is the best thing to use. charge is twice andhit both then charge counter attack and wait right after counter charge ice and hit and charge counter again and repeat.

DUNGEONS:
a good dungeon for beginners would be alby beginner, alby normal or ciar beginner...in that order. dungeons give u good exp without the penelty and u get exp from WEak mobs also they give u good amounts of money

FOMORS: there are things called fomor scrolls and if u collect 10 of the same kinda u can go to duncan in tir or eavan in dunbarton and buy a fomor quest and cash them in for money this is a really good way to make money.

Okay this is all i have right now.
when i learn more ill add more if you need anything my IGN is Maraek so add me =D thanks.

Back to top Go down
VocalTrance
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:58 am

Guess who o_O

Nice guide, read through the entire thing :O

Found a typo though .-.

Quote :
Playing Instrument: Allows you to play instruments such as, lute, ukulele, mandolin, flute, whistle, bells, music bottles and many more. Combine with music scrolls to make your own music otherwise it plays default music.
Back to top Go down
Tastu
Soldier
Soldier
Tastu

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Maraek wrote:

note that this skill makes cool noises when you windmill alot of monsters at once

this made me laugh Smile oh and if you WM with a bow or without a wep it makes it look like you breakdance! ok enough trivia from me now...
Back to top Go down
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:43 am

i admittedly didnt read any of it, although i commerate you for your dedication and thus its length. and how did u get red/blue type?o nvmXD

lol!
Back to top Go down
Animus
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:04 am

Easier way to solo a Succubus: You need at least one pet for this. Load smash and summon your pet, then order it to load smash as well. Make your pet smash the Succubus while you rush to her. Try to hit her with your smash immediatly after your pet's smash, your pet should start loading smash again. While your pet smashes the Succubus again, if she's not dead yet, load another smash and hit her. Repeat until the Succubus perishes. With this strategy you should be able to kill the Succcubus in 15 seconds or less. The red one takes a bit more but this should work against her too.

Note: Your pet must be in auto attack mode.

(Simplified version: You and your pet smash spam the Succubus. Note that this is slightly different from Pet revolver)

On a side note, try to guess who this is in game, lolz.
Back to top Go down
Yoshirou
Captain
Captain
Yoshirou

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 pm

This is how I solo a Succubus but you need to have a good pc I would presume..

p.s Its also the best way!

1. Hit her with fire to knock her back
2. If she defends hit her with ice and counter, if not hit quickly with ice step back and counter if shes to close and continues running cause of mp def just wind mill ( rank 9 WM Rquired.)
3. This should make it rather easy my only recommendation is keep your distance otherwise it will not work properly.
Back to top Go down
http://sacred.powermmorpg.net
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 am

meh im lazy and prefer pet revolver tongue ☺☻
Back to top Go down
Maraek
Student
Student
Maraek

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:51 pm

lolz thanks people and yea people yoshi would be described as a pro if u didnt know already
Back to top Go down
Wezurii
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:19 am

Last edited by Wezurii on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sal.mirrorz.com
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 am

yoshi IS pro, its just that theres a level above pro. aubog and the like are mabi legends, to them "pro" is an insult.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Noxymore
Student
Student
Noxymore

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Great Topic, thx a lot ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elasylum
Yoshirou
Captain
Captain
Yoshirou

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Sorry to say

Theres no such thing as pro nor is there a level above pro its just the difference with the allocation of ap and ego and enchants. Once you reach rank 1 to all of the skills in your class for example melee all rank 1 theres no way of getting stronger enchants for a little damage boost and max level ego for the most. After that thats all you can do and then just rank other skills and try out other types of builds. I should tell you Supercow you dont even know the level I am at atm to consider me pro or not. There is no level above pro, my smashes do the same amount of damage as advanced magic though I should tell you that, it doenst really matter because theres no such thing as pro? or not? Its jsut some people play the game better than others and rank up the right things properly.

When you get to my point in mabi you will understand. btw the guys you mentioned arnt rly that great actually there pretty LOL, trigger, slowstep,spazzy and a few others are good as far as to say the word pro it doesnst exist its just the illusion of a weak community.
Back to top Go down
http://sacred.powermmorpg.net
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 am

this topis was posted like 8 months or so ago, when there was not a sigle person with over 1000 cp. Rolling Eyes Suspect times have changed

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 am

Wezurii wrote:
First off, this is just common sence. It's basicly just the skill decsription. In my opinion, it's overal luseless.

Quote :
IM JUST NOT PRO ENOUGH TO KNOW THEM ALL
Yes, your in Sacred, we know your not pro. /lawl

And for the skills you don't know, just go on Mabiwiki for Jesus sake.

And:
Quote :
lolz thanks people and yea people yoshi would be described as a pro if u didnt know already

Hate to break it to you, but he's not pro. He's a good player who know's what he's doing, he's not pro. RACER is pro; Augbog is pro; Cosmic is pro; Yoshi: not pro. [sorry Yosh]

Wow a dead topic that became revived.

Since we're discussing who's pro and who's not, Yoshi isn't pro as far as the word pro goes. I'm guessing some of you would be surprised that I'd be posting but Yoshi is not pro because of the way the game is handled. The pro's of this game are the obsessed, those who are both knowledgeable in the way of the game and are strong, those who know the mechanics of the game like the back of their hand. No one who posts on this forum is of that level, the level of time and dedication. I've taken great interest in the framework of the game myself, but the amount of time and knowledge to become what people see as pro isn't worth it. There are aspects to this game that are inherent and there are aspects that people need to try for themselves, the real pros are those who make the way for others and don't need assistance themselves.

Btw whatever happened to Augbog, and meh a lot of the mabi community is inherently flawed, the "pros" who date the non "pros" for example. But really people shouldn't be focused so much on who is and isn't pro.
Back to top Go down
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Kefkai wrote:
The pro's of this game are the obsessed, those who are both knowledgeable in the way of the game and are strong, those who know the mechanics of the game like the back of their hand

I am about that (mabye not the obsessed and half-and-half strong), i spend just as much time wiki'ng mab as i do playing it. i'm not obsessed, but i AM a tactician. i can solve any dilema, eliminate almost any variable, and persevere through any obsticle (once when i was a lot noob-er i stayed in rabbie advanced for 4 days, lol). i am not pro to the general community because i am nowhere near as powerful as yosh or others, but your definition says that wisdom triumphs over strength. this is true, although it can help to have both. Razz Yoshirou (i am not undermining you in any way and mean no offense), for example, tends to more so, quote, "feel it out" and lets his sword do the talking; and may not know as much about the rules of the game. However he is considered by all a "pro", as the naive respect power more than intelligence and will (not the stat in-game Suspect ) i on the other hand carefully decide the best approach (including upgrades for weapons, such as splash range for my dblade (which is when i asked yosh about how much 300 (the initial splash range of dblade) was, and he said "feel it out")), and write very detailed responses as a means of explaining it to people who, like me, are wise and take the time to read all of the response to hopefully further their knowldge. anyway i have gone off topic. yes, it would be great to bring the guild on a hardmode dungeon sometime, for anyone who can enter the dungeon. and be sure to bring me, for i am bound to know the degree of multi-aggro, about how many spawns there are, the AI of the monster and thus the best way to deal with them, and how to stay alive. but i still have a tendancy of making stupid mistakes sometimes; which usually happens when my stam goes low or someone interrupts my attack pattern. anyway i lost my train of thought again... (i have massive ADHD). anyway be sure to bring me with on a hardmode guild dungeon sometime! Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:57 am

donovanr wrote:
Kefkai wrote:
The pro's of this game are the obsessed, those who are both knowledgeable in the way of the game and are strong, those who know the mechanics of the game like the back of their hand

I am about that (mabye not the obsessed and half-and-half strong), i spend just as much time wiki'ng mab as i do playing it. i'm not obsessed, but i AM a tactician. i can solve any dilema, eliminate almost any variable, and persevere through any obsticle (once when i was a lot noob-er i stayed in rabbie advanced for 4 days, lol). i am not pro to the general community because i am nowhere near as powerful as yosh or others, but your definition says that wisdom triumphs over strength. this is true, although it can help to have both. Razz Yoshirou (i am not undermining you in any way and mean no offense), for example, tends to more so, quote, "feel it out" and lets his sword do the talking; and may not know as much about the rules of the game. However he is considered by all a "pro", as the naive respect power more than intelligence and will (not the stat in-game Suspect ) i on the other hand carefully decide the best approach (including upgrades for weapons, such as splash range for my dblade (which is when i asked yosh about how much 300 (the initial splash range of dblade) was, and he said "feel it out")), and write very detailed responses as a means of explaining it to people who, like me, are wise and take the time to read all of the response to hopefully further their knowldge. anyway i have gone off topic. yes, it would be great to bring the guild on a hardmode dungeon sometime, for anyone who can enter the dungeon. and be sure to bring me, for i am bound to know the degree of multi-aggro, about how many spawns there are, the AI of the monster and thus the best way to deal with them, and how to stay alive. but i still have a tendancy of making stupid mistakes sometimes; which usually happens when my stam goes low or someone interrupts my attack pattern. anyway i lost my train of thought again... (i have massive ADHD). anyway be sure to bring me with on a hardmode guild dungeon sometime! Very Happy

lol!

Well there is a degree of feeling it out, not everything is on the wiki, for example I was having a chat the other day about the delay of using a broad and using a mace (with a shield) and how the smash delay with a broad and shield felt longer, which applies to windmill since it depends on the sprite delay. Hardmode dungeons are sorta fun though.
Back to top Go down
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:41 pm

i never said that feeling it out was a bad thing, of course i need to feel it out for range and such. the number 600 means othing, but i know and have applied the distance of rD FH; and from that i can figure that half that is 300.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)   Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you) Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginner's Guide (read this itll help you)
Page 1 of 1