Sacred - Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Mabinogi Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xiyamae
Adept
Adept
Xiyamae

My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) Empty
PostSubject: My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)   My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:30 pm

Yes, this only helps to an extent....Deal with it D:

Hello everyone! Today, I would like to inform you all on how to rank up the awesome combat skill, windmill!

What you may/will need:

Hp potions - Only if you're scared of getting 1KO
Stamina potions - You can either buy or get some free ones from Ranald when wearing the "friend of" title. (NOTE: If you have "friend of Nora" title you do NOT relieve the stamina potions from Ranald)
Food - Berries, strawberries, cheese etc.
Pet(s) - In case you do run out of hp potions!

Combat Mastery Skill:
Most people will say have it at B and leave it. I suggest, if you're going to do what I suggest, have it at C or D. That way, it won't be too high or too low.

Getting started:
Since you may or may not be doing this at an easy dungeon, bring a cheap weapon like a wooden sword or something. One that you can keep as your auxiliary weapon so that your main good weapon won't lose durability.

The procedure:
Determine what monsters are strong/awful/boss to you first. If they are young goblins, or the like, then I suggest Ciar beginner.

It also helps if you use Tenderizing Potions just to go for that extra mile.

Now, if these monsters prove to be weak to you, then try Ciar normal. If even the goblins in there are weak, then go to Math or Rabbie.

Keep going to a harder and harder dungeon until you find an enemy type that does not have awful/weak/strong/boss next to its name. These monsters are ones that are at your similar level. Depending on where they are at, you will find other monsters that will also get you Windmill experience.

When you do find your enemy type, be it TNN or Erinn enemies, stock up on supplies and a cheap weapon. When you enter the dungeon alone, create a party and change the finish value to "Anyone in the Party". On doing so, whenever you kill an enemy, you will always get the finish. Because of this, you can Windmill them and get loads of experience. It just depends on the enemy type (strong/awful etc).

Now if you want to rank it to 1. You will have to deviate from this. To get to r1 you must go to TNN and bring along a few red gems. Just keep going until you get it ranked to 1. It will be easier though, if the Zombies in the graveyard are strong to you. Then, all you have to do is Windmill over and over. Don't even worry about hp pots. Just keep Windmilling. It doesn't hurt if you bring along a cheap newbie wear or something so that your good clothing does not get damaged badly.

A little extra from Biodevil:
[quote=Biodevil]Let me add in a few pointers then (currently a rank 1 windmiller)

When you get to the numbered ranks (rank 9, rank 8, etc.) your choices in strong, awful, and boss type mobs will be very limited. If you have been taking precautions on raising your combat power it shouldn't be excruciatingly hard.

Generally, for strong mobs and multiple strong requirements, you should train with the kobolds at Math dungeon. Kobolds and multiaggro shouldn't be a problem if you already of the load-time decrease bonus at rank 9. At this level laghodessas should be strong or awful, so doing a continuous stream of ciar basics wouldn't be a bad idea either. For boss maybe the skeletons at rabbie and rabbie basic would work. You shouldn't need to grind on bears.

At around rank 5 the kobolds won't be strong anymore. By now the skeletons at rabbie should be strong or awful, so make your move over to rabbie. Laghodessas should still be strong or awful so keep on doing ciar basics for the multiple strong requirements. At this point you may decide to start grinding on zombies. Simple hints:

-dougal sells stamina pots
-if you beat dougal's quest, you can revive in TNN
-if your equips have enchants on them, you can keep then on while you fight. You DO NOT have to strip down unless you are afraid of dura loss. If you drop an equip just revive on spot to pick it up. The loss of exp is nothing when your 2000+ zombie exp add up
-you do not really need to stock up on money, the zombies drop good enough cash
-you should be fine if you can kill a zombie with 2-3 windmills (as in, it won't be mindbendingly frustrating)
-get a good weapon. An upgraded one preferably. I suggest 238 mace: Mace - Mabinogi World Wiki
-bless the weapon if you can so you can stay in TNN longer without having to go back to bangor for repairs
-if you are in an empty channel, you may have some fun and use icebolt to lure all the zombies into one little group. Then wm them all in one hit.

At rank 2, pray that laghodessas or skeletons are still strong to you. If not do the red orb or rabbie basic for the armored ones.

You should never have to windmill ceo golems unless your powerlevel is truly magnificent.

Rank 4 to 3 and 2 to 1 are the hardest I think, not because of zombies but because of the strong/awful requirement. While the zombies are in all one little place, the strong/awfuls are only grouped in dungeons. That is why laghodessas and skeletons are great for windmill training.

There's probably more, but I dunno. Remember to use Index of /mabi to figure out your combat power and which mobs are at which level to you.

Good luck to all windmillers~[/quote]

Advice on Combat Power from nullspace
[quote=nullspace;96343][URL="http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Combat_Power"]This guide on combat power[/URL] should help significantly. Here are some tips from personal experience.

1) Do alot of "boss" windmill training after you rebirth (at age 10 preferably). Your lower stats will make enemies alot stronger.

2) Use the chart in the link above to balance your skills and keep your CP low. Mabinogi only adds up the CP from your two strongest skills, plus whatever base stats you have. I kept all my skills low except windmill and critical. Ranged attack A, critical rank 2, and rank D thunder were my 3 highest CP skills besides windmill. They are all 140 CP.

3) Keep combat mastery low (I kept it at D), and rank defense to no more than C or B. Wear heavy armor.

Keeping combat mastery low allows you to windmill spam without using too many potions. You can compensate for your low life by having heavier armor to protect yourself. By the time you're windmill 5+ though, it's not all that important since you shouldn't be getting hit if you use windmill correctly.

4) Use a powerful weapon, and upgrade critical attack.

You want to spam the fewest windmills with the most boss/awful/strong kills. Plus you need a powerful weapon if you want to keep combat mastery low. I would recommend upgraded stiff fierce maces, as they give great balance and awesome critical damage.

To give you an idea: Up until rank 3 wm, I managed to keep a large number of creatures, including brown/black/red grizzly bears, armored metal skeletons in rabbie basic, and knolls in rundal basic as "bosses". However, after rank 3, I had to go to TNN to train on zombies. It's best to go when you're young and low level. Even at rank 1 windmill, I rebirthed and still managed to kill about 400 zombies as "bosses" until I reached level 25... After that, I gave up on the master of windmill title. =p[/quote]

Suggestible weapon enchants from Sachiko
[quote=Sachiko]Scar Weapons serve a particular use in Windmill training as well. At the end ranks (typically Windmill 2 and 3, even sooner if unfortunate), Zombies will usually no longer be Boss and Sickle Rhaghodessa no longer be Strong.

At this point you're stuck hoping for Spike Rhaghodessa rooms or Skeleton orbs in Rabbie (light-armored Skeletons will likely still be Awful, and typical Chest rooms won't place Skeletons in an ideal position for Windmill). That being said, you can instead equip a Scar weapon to drop light-armored Skeletons and Zombies to Strong.

This will allow you to get the credit for multiple hits/kills with much more ease than you would in other places, since you can form large groups as you wish and you won't have any need to fret with wrong monster types (e.g. Snakes and Ratmen, which will have become useless at that point).

This trick isn't for those who managed to keep very low CP, of course. It's more of a method for those who have high cp and don't want to use Tendering Pots / scarce mob areas to get their Strong multikills.[/quote]

Credits:

Thank you for reading this. If you have suggestions please post them and I will add them where appropriate. Your name will also be put down here as well!
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

PostSubject: Re: My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)   My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 5:13 am

Just gonna comment on a few things, I'm surprised you didn't mention mimic pits, those are possibly one of the easiest things in the lower ranks to get the kill multiple strong monsters requirement. Also later on to get the multiple strong monster requirement you can turn on all to finish, put monsters close together and wm for the finish. Besides that, nice guide, I'm surprised that no one commented on this guide too.
Back to top Go down
Yoshirou
Captain
Captain
Yoshirou

PostSubject: Re: My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)   My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Marble Enchanted armor reduces your CP thought I would mention thats a good tool.
Back to top Go down
http://sacred.powermmorpg.net
donovanr
Soldier
Soldier
donovanr

PostSubject: Re: My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)   My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:02 am

so how many of u actually have r1 wm?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kefkai
Captain
Captain
Kefkai

PostSubject: Re: My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)   My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 am

Yoshi, when this was written no one had dustin's plate, so I don't know what you were talking about with marble lol, since then briggadine can come off desert dragon with the enchant already on it and so can dustin's but still, I'm sure you didn't use that to train.

This guide needs to be updated for the iria updates, CP lowering mods:
Handicapping (On Heavy Armor -100 CP R9 enchant suffix)
Damaging (On gauntlets -100 cp R9 enchant suffix)
Difficult (On Light Armor -100 cp RA enchant suffix)
Inconvenient (On Metal Footwear -100 cp R8 enchant suffix)
Uncomfortable (On Metal Helmet -100 cp R8 enchant suffix)
Raccoon Cub (Apparently drops from desert dragon on celina's men mage suit r3 -1000 cp you could always try getting it from peaca normal, but good luck enchanting that)
I'll throw Jackal up here too, CP -500 from peaca normal chest r4 suffix, again enchanting anything thats this high is very unlikely and hardly worth the effort
Arch Lich is minus some cp too, on a ghost sword, but the likelyhood to see either the enchant on anything or selling for anything lower than a mill is prob low.

So in short if you're willing to invest the money you really shouldn't have to worry too much about investing into other skills, or tendering pots for that matter, I'm a big fan of this part of the iria update, I already have a couple cp lowering enchants myself. (My advice would also be not to have a skill that gives you loads of stat cp or skill cp as your main skill, when I was ranking up wm I had ranked it up to r9 before I started ranking again and when I finally resumed zombies were already awful to me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)   My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version) Empty

Back to top Go down

My Guide to Ranking wm (noob version)
Page 1 of 1